Join our zoo community
pachyderm pro

White-bellied Pangolin Tongue

White-bellied Pangolin Tongue
    • Mr Gharial
      Do you know what the current situation is for pangolins in America? I really hope that if breeding goes well, we'll eventually get some in Europe as well
    • pachyderm pro
      @Mr Gharial I wouldn't count on it. The number of holders in America has decreased since the initial imports in 2016, from six facilities to just two. Brookfield and Gladys Porter are the only remaining holders in North America (there may be a lone individual still at Columbus) and were the only ones to have any breeding success. As of a few months ago, Brookfield held 4.5 and Gladys Porter held 3.3.
      nczoofan and Mr Gharial like this.
    • CMP
      I have about a dozen similar photos I haven't got to yet, although I do think I like yours a bit better :D
    • pachyderm pro
      @ChunkyMunky pengopus I would definitely like to see your photos, as the more photos of this species in the gallery the better. This little bugger is a pain to photograph and the glare on the windows certainly didn’t help. Like I said on the news thread, i’m not exaggerating when I say I took over 200 photos and maybe five turned out to be alright.
      CMP likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Brookfield Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    pachyderm pro
    Date:
    5 Jul 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    5.2 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1865px
    Height:
    1173px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).