Join our zoo community
Blossom

White faced saki and emperor tamarin island

White faced saki and emperor tamarin island
Blossom, 23 Jun 2010
    • PAT
      How big is this island?
    • Blossom
      Hi, The scale is hard to judge from this picture, but it is big. The tamarins are often hard to spot as they disappear into the canopy of the two mature willow trees. If I had to guess I would say that the island measures about 6m by 4m, and the willow trees must go up at least 10-12 metres. They appear to have had a bit of a hair cut this year also. Viewing of the island is either from this elevated walkway which cross the lake (flamingos are on the other side), or from ground level (on the left of this picture).

South American tapirs and capybara also share this lake (and the rest of the exhibit)!
    • PAT
      Thanks for the reply. I asked because, like you said, it's hard to judge from this photo but sounds big enough. And you answered my next question by saying that tapirs and capybaras share the exhibit and giving the small fence a purpose. :)
    • Blossom
      As a whole this park seems to build their exhibits to be very large. This island and the lake are part of a larger South American area, which must be close to six or seven acres in size. Along with the tapirs and capybara I saw mara, rhea, agouti and alpacas.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Flamingo Land
    Uploaded By:
    Blossom
    Date:
    23 Jun 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    478.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1064px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D40
    Date / Time:
    2010:05:26 16:07:58
    Exposure Time:
    10/1250 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    38 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).