Join our zoo community
Zooish

White-lipped Tamarin (Saguinus labiatus)

White-lipped Tamarin (Saguinus labiatus)
Zooish, 21 Jan 2023
Zhao yun, BerdNerd, Pigeon and 19 others like this.
    • Zooish
      Snacking on a wild Four-lined Tree Frog he caught. The Squirrel Monkey Forest walk through exhibit has been re-themed as Amazonia Encounters. The Squirrel Monkeys have been relocated to the Amazon River Quest boat ride (I believe one of the reasons is that they have been problematic in the walk through, getting too close to visitors and trying to escape, and require constant supervision). The walk through currently houses a small group of White-lipped Tamarins and Golden-Headed Lion Tamarins, as well as the Azara's Agoutis which have remained. I presume more species will be added over time as the large exhibit is incredibly sparse at the moment.
    • Terry Thomas
      Nice shot.
      Zooish likes this.
    • noobmaster69
      What about all their curassows?
    • Zooish
      @noobmaster69 the identification signs have been removed and I did not see them during my visit.
    • Nadchew_
      @Zooish which part of the boat ride are the squirrel monkeys at now? Also whats the current species list there at the moment?
    • Zooish
      @Nadchew_ i'm not too sure as i haven't seen it for myself, but a new BOH den was added to the Bearded Saki exhibit that could be for the Squirrel Monkeys. The aviary has also been retrofitted for primates. I understand a second group of Black Howlers have moved in, perhaps Squirrel Monkeys could be housed there too.
    • Nadchew_
      @Zooish I js asked a keeper tdy, she said that they will be housed in amazon flooded forest aviary
    • Zooish
      @Nadchew_ thanks for sharing. i suppose you meant Amazon River Quest aviary?
    • Nadchew_
      @Zooish yes my bad had those two confused for a second there Incredibly :')
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    River Wonders
    Uploaded By:
    Zooish
    Date:
    21 Jan 2023
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    6.1 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4310px
    Height:
    2884px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Exposure Time:
    10/500 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 2000
    Focal Length:
    140 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).