Maguari

White-nosed Coati at Zoo Simon Bolivar, 12/04/14

[i]Nasua narica[/i]

White-nosed Coati at Zoo Simon Bolivar, 12/04/14
Maguari, 28 Apr 2014
    • Maguari
      Nasua narica
    • TeaLovingDave
      Interestingly, this animal looks very much like those which have now arrived at Zoo Magdeburg; as these animals look rather dissimilar to the population already in Europe I had done a little research and came to the conclusion they might belong to the Costa Rican subspecies, something which you may have confirmed by seeing known members of said subspecies :)
    • Maguari
      I saw even 'knowner' members of said subspecies running around Monteverde later on... :D
    • lintworm
      @TLD, you probably already know, but the coatis in Magdeburg were recently imported from Costa Rica, something they did together with 2 other german zoos (Nordhorn & Halle).
    • TeaLovingDave
      Not quite; the recent import came from the Cuban National Zoo in Havana, Cuba.

My assumption, as noted above, is that the animals originated from Costa Rica - either having been wild-caught and held for a time in Cuba, or having been captive bred from wild-caught stock.
    • lintworm
      Cuba and Costa Rica is the same :p It both starts with a C and is on the other side of the Atlantic ocean :p. But you're right.
    • TeaLovingDave
      Much like how the Netherlands and Norway are presumably the same, both starting with N and being found on the other side of the North Sea ;) :p
    • lintworm
      For many people they actually are ;), allthough I mostly have had to explain that Denmark is not the same as the Netherlands :p (not to even mention Holland vs. the Netherlands).
    • TeaLovingDave
      Of course, the latter issue is a slightly more subtle issue, being more or less similar to using "England" as a synonym for the United Kingdom. If I recall my geography correctly, you're based in Gelderland :)

Anyhow, how about those White-nosed Coatis eh? :p
    • Al
      To be honest this looks like the animals we have at Belfast the originate from the first import!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Zoológico Simón Bolívar
    Uploaded By:
    Maguari
    Date:
    28 Apr 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    192.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1071px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D80
    Date / Time:
    2014:04:12 23:46:57
    Exposure Time:
    10/800 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    300 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).