Join our zoo community
David Matos Mendes

White-rhino exhibit - Brasilia zoo

White-rhino exhibit - Brasilia zoo
    • Enzo
      Isn't its name Thor? I remember that a male southern white rhino, whose name was Thor, was rescued in 2008 from the Le Cirque circus and sent to the Brasília zoo.
    • David Matos Mendes
      @Enzo Yes, it's exactly him. Other animals were rescued from Le cirque at that time too, such as african elephant "Chocolate" (yes, the same from BH. Never knew how he finished on the circus. Still gotta discover this story.), some female asian elephants, whose I don't remember the destiny, two male giraffes ("Tico" and "Kim", who were sent to Goiânia zoo and died very soon.), a hippo called "Barbara", that still lives in BSB, and some llamas. I think these were the individuals. If there were more, I'm not recalling now.
    • Enzo
    • Enzo
      @David Matos Mendes sorry for deleting my post, I was wrong about those elephants. They were from another circus.
    • David Matos Mendes
      @Enzo Ah yes, no problem. So I remember them from São Paulo zoo and Rio zoo ("Serva", "Rangun" and "Carla", respectively.) Do you know wich hotel is this one that "Madras" has been/was living?
    • Enzo
      I don't think she lived in the hotel in Salete (like the other three), if so, then she lived for a very brief moment. I discovered that she was sent to the Zooparque Itatiba, to live with Honey and Bambi.
    • David Matos Mendes
      @Enzo Ah, yes, so it was a way better place. I think she's not alive anymore, is she?
    • Enzo
      No, she isn't alive When I went there for the first time, in 2014, she wasn't there and according to the main elephant database site, she died. Also, according to another news article I found, she was older than 70 years old.
    • David Matos Mendes
      @Enzo Ah yes, so she was a really elderly individual. It's nice that she could have a nice retirement in her last moments... By the way, I didn't know zooparque's elephant exhibit was so big. How would you rate it?
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Brasilia Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    David Matos Mendes
    Date:
    30 Aug 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    4.6 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4608px
    Height:
    3456px
    Aperture:
    f/4.0
    Make:
    NIKON
    Model:
    COOLPIX B500
    Date / Time:
    2019:10:12 15:30:28
    Exposure Time:
    10/6400 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 125
    Focal Length:
    10.4 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).