Join our zoo community
gyuyeong Han

White Rhinoceros Enrichment

White Rhinoceros Enrichment
gyuyeong Han, 17 Jun 2013
Ursus likes this.
    • zooboy28
      Can you explain how this enriches the rhino's life?
    • Chlidonias
      my guess is the containers have pellets or chopped vegetables in them and the rhino has to knock them out. Either that or they are just for him to smack around a bit.
    • zooboy28
      I would be impressed if it was a snack supply, pretty unusual for them to get that sort of enrichment. There seems to be a number of similar enrichment objects around the enclosure, e.g. water cooler tanks, which I'm thinking might be for smacking around.
    • Chlidonias
      all those other items (in this photo) are hanging from the same line as the orange cones. (It looks like they are on the ground at the back but they aren't)
    • mstickmanp
      The water tank seems to have fruit in it, so maybe they are all meant for the rhino to knock around and get the food out.
    • zooboy28
      That is pretty cool then! I don't think I've ever seen this sort of food enrichment for rhinos before.

:cool:
    • Taky
      I found this image very helpful for a game I'm making, Parkasaurus! Thanks!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Seoul Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    gyuyeong Han
    Date:
    17 Jun 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    134.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    740px
    Height:
    493px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).