chris

White tiger at Paradise Wildlife Park

chris, 4 Oct 2009
    • chris
    • Arizona Docent
      In spite of the problems of breeding white tigers (which we have thoroughly discussed elsewhere), this is a truly stunning photograph of a beautiful cat.
    • chris
    • Hix
      That's a great photo - look at the colour on those eye-lashes!
    • JonnyS18
      Yes despite debates & personal opinions this photo is stunning. Without wanting to start a huge debate i have seen a lot of quite nasty comments & name calling on this website directed at white tigers, which i think is ridiculous. To disagree with their parentage is fine, but to call them freaks, waste of space, inbred mutants etc: is a bit harsh. They're still tigers after all & ALL tigers deserve respect. Your right Hix i've never really noticed the eye lashes before, they are unique.
    • James27
      I think that, seeing as zoos are meant to be about conservation, then they are a waste of space as there's no conservation value in breeding them. Also, they are technically freaks as they are genetic mutants.
      I think it's a bit more acceptable for a zoo to keep them in non-breeding situations and explain why they are actually white though.
    • Dawn B
      Probably directed at me, however I agree totally with you, its a lovely shot of the Cat, and despite my personal feeling on whether or not any animal should be bred, it there will never be a day where I dont appreciate any animal for what it is, a living breathing creature, in this case a lovely Cat. I took pics of this Cat myself yesterday.
    • Cat-Man
      in one way wonderful, in one way horrible
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Paradise Wildlife Park
    Uploaded By:
    chris
    Date:
    4 Oct 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count: