Maguari

Why the Lions' window is muddy, Twycross 13/09/09

Made me smile!

Why the Lions' window is muddy, Twycross 13/09/09
Maguari, 13 Sep 2009
    • Maguari
      Made me smile!
    • Dan
      In what way was the enclosure "untidy"? :)

Very nice pictures from Twycross!
    • Dan
      Oh, never mind about my question... I just read the title of the picture...
    • Maguari
      The viewing windows were covered in muddy paw prints - beyond that it didn't look too bad at all. Just love the way they worded it - suggesting they've asked the lions to go inside but the lions just don't feel like it at the moment. :)

And thanks - more on the way!
    • zoogiraffe
      Nothing to do with the fact that they just will not go indoors for the head Carnivore Keeper then!!!:p
    • European Fauna
      Big expanses of plate-glass are of course the bane of any carnivore keeper.I bet some of them feel at times more like window cleaners than anything else.And , in line with Murphy´s law , when the panes have been cleaned and the cats are let out , the first thing they will do is head for the panes , only making a small detour to the muddiest patch in the whole enclosure to fully impregnate all four paws for a spot of "painting".Some thick visitor will be waiting on the other side , with his own hands on the glass, encouraging the cat to wipe its forepaws up and down in frenzied movements.The cat will then turn around and sign the whole work of art with an almighty jet of urine.Sound familiar?
    • gentle lemur
      There were also a lot of bones lying around in the enclosure. I wondered why they couldn't put their food inside to get them in.

Alan
    • zoogiraffe
      They tried that but the cats went in one at a time to get the food or just didn`t go in the house.
    • tomzoo123
      Are you the head carnivore keeper Zoogiraffe?
    • Malayan Tapir
      He's not but he knows the person
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Twycross Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Maguari
    Date:
    13 Sep 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count: