Join our zoo community
devilfish

Why would you do this to an animal? June 2013.

Photo taken on the 15th June 2013.

Why would you do this to an animal? June 2013.
devilfish, 30 Jul 2013
    • devilfish
      Photo taken on the 15th June 2013.
    • snowleopard
      "Why would you do this to an animal?" Perhaps because you are uneducated or simply do not know any better. When I spent 3 months teaching high school in Trinidad & Tobago (in the Caribbean) I visited the Emperor Valley Zoo there and I vividly recall a couple of locals pointing in amazement that black howler monkeys and agoutis were in captivity. They suggested that the cooking pot would make a better choice, and they also did not comprehend why local animals would be showcased when they could be seen for free in the nearby jungles.
    • devilfish
      Actually that might be a sign of education. If the locals can identify common native species then maybe there's not much point in keeping them in the zoo. (Probably better than cooking them though).

I don't think I'll ever see the appeal in clothing animals with full make-up and earrings. I didn't see the show, I only walked past at the end while visitors were taking photos with the stars.

Here are some photos from a news article which include the orangutan in a dress:
      The zoo where 200 animals are kept caged and made to perform tricks for visitors... on top of a department store | Mail Online
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pata Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    devilfish
    Date:
    30 Jul 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    209.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/5.3
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-TZ20
    Date / Time:
    2013:06:15 14:47:04
    Exposure Time:
    10/200 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 1600
    Focal Length:
    27.7 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).