Join our zoo community
Zooish

Wild Africa - Meerkat exhibit

Remodelled Meerkat exhibit next to the Warthog exhibit. With rather ugly mock-rock I might add.

Wild Africa - Meerkat exhibit
Zooish, 1 Feb 2012
    • Zooish
      Remodelled Meerkat exhibit next to the Warthog exhibit. With rather ugly mock-rock I might add.
    • reduakari
      And no place to dig???
    • Chlidonias
      I love Singapore Zoo, but this is like a lot of their enclosures -- set pieces that look nice for the visitors but aren't particularly great for the animals when you look at it objectively.
    • Zooish
      The area around the tree (where all the branches are placed) is a pit of loose soil/sand for digging. But i had the same reaction when I first saw the enclosure - too much hard ground!
    • dennisthetiger
      I prefer the old exhibit, this one is too flat and concrete, although bigger. Seems like the recent new exhibits are very concrete and mediocre, wonder whats the zoo up to? Budget problems? I would like to see the good old exhibits that made the zoo so famous, like the Tiger, Baboons, Leopard, Sun bear, primate kingdom, fragile forest etc.
    • Shirokuma
      I agree, the latest exhibits are really quite underwhelming.
    • dennisthetiger
      Yes, its very underwhelming. I was looking through this particular zoo called Woodland Park Zoo and they are actually upgrading their whole zoo with very spectacular habitats. I really hope Singapore can take a leaf out of their book

Here's some awesome looking exhibits, look through page 3 onwards.
      Woodland Park Zoo Gallery
    • Shirokuma
      I agree, Woodland Park Zoo is much better on the whole. I think Singapore is overrated and - like San Diego - many of the enclosures rely on the lush surroundings to make up for the fact that they aren't that special.
    • zoomaniac
      I have never been to Seattle, but afaik, the surroundings in Woodland Park Zoo are also lush green - the only difference is the lack of sun and warmth....;)
    • Shirokuma
      Yes Woodland Park Zoo is very lush and green but they don't let themselves be complacent about their enclosures because of it.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Singapore Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Zooish
    Date:
    1 Feb 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count: