zootrip USA 2006

wild africa
drzoomi, 19 Feb 2009
    • drzoomi
      zootrip USA 2006
    • mstickmanp
      wow, this exhibit looks huge!
    • Miniaturezoo954
      that looks more like an average wooded american or european landscape than a wild africa enclosure........i guess is good for some animal species, but i would never visit a zoo that looks like this, it would really be a waste of time, just pick any landscape, fence the place, and you have an enclosure, not my idea of a zoo, but i respect those who think about the well being of the creatures.
    • Ituri
      It's probably as close as they could get in Michigan. Unfortunately not all zoos are blessed with the climates of San Diego or Miami. Granted, I haven't seen this place in person, but from the various reviews I've read it sounds like they did a good job with the theming.
    • reduakari
      This exhibit is significantly more successful than any exhibit at any Florida or Southern Californian zoo (except DAK) at creating a sense of the African savanna. The difference is the themeing, attention to detail and artful hiding of barriers, all seemingly out of the grasp of most zoos blessed with balmy climates. Worst offender--Lowry Park
    • snowleopard
      According to the book Americas Best Zoos this Wild Africa exhibit opened in 1999, and it is 18 acres in size. There are more than 50 animals of 12 different species in the habitat.
    • Ciololo
      It looks like a farm. Maybe they should be called like some kind of reserve not zoo.
      Not my idea of a zoo too.
    • drzoomi
      zoo can be different things. this very big exhibit is better than most of the exhibits i've seen(espcially those "fake" african you are talking about). it had many animals in a very enclosre...i think it looks more natural than alot of the things i've seen in zoos.
      alot of zoos would be very happy to give their animals such a huge piece of land to roam free.
    • BlackRhino
      Well, the animals aren't really roaming free, but it is definitely a huge enclosure. My personal favorite African savanna is the one at the San Diego Wild Animal Park.
    • drzoomi
      during the day....they are "roaming free" in that area.....it's not the "serengeti" or "cruger"....but its better then most of the zoos
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Binder Park Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    drzoomi
    Date:
    19 Feb 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    294.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/4.5
    Make:
    KONICA MINOLTA
    Model:
    DiMAGE Z6
    Date / Time:
    2006:01:19 00:22:19
    Exposure Time:
    1/1000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 50
    Focal Length:
    5.859375 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).