drzoomi

wild africa

zootrip USA 2006

wild africa
drzoomi, 19 Feb 2009
    • drzoomi
      zootrip USA 2006
    • reduakari
      One of the least-known but also one of the very best zoo exhibits in the country.....
    • drzoomi
      and let me add, one of the hardest to clean!:) i tried....
    • PAT
      What other species are kept here...I can only see crowned cranes.
    • drzoomi
      black vultures, zebras, giraffes,gazelles, roan antilope and 2-3 more species that i dont remember right now....
    • PAT
      It looks huge and does it go into the forest at the back?
    • drzoomi
      Yes. it is a very big exhibit. very big
    • Ungulate
      I believe the paddock is 18 acres (!); in June 2008, it housed giraffe, plains zebras, bontebok, waterbuck, and impala, along with vultures, crowned cranes, ostrich, and marabou storks. The roan antelope looked to be separated off in a paddock of their own (at the back, behind a lake), and the sign indicated that greater kudu and addra gazelle are included in the mix. Thomson's gazelles used to be housed as well (one is seen on the far left of this picture).
    • Ituri
      That zoo isn't all that big is it? Does this exhibit take up a large portion of its real estate?
    • Ungulate
      The developed parts of the zoo are not especially large; indeed there are just two main sections, the "old zoo" (very small), and then "Wild Africa", which is significantly larger. In the main part of the zoo, there are surprisingly few enclosures/animals (one wonders how they could call themselves a zoo before Wild Africa opened ...). The African area is reached by a tram (or a 15 minute walk); I would estimate the total area of the exhibit to be about 40 acres, although there is a long section of nature trail through native woodland. I posted a review here: http://www.zoochat.com/22/binder-park-zoo-19792/#post58890
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Binder Park Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    drzoomi
    Date:
    19 Feb 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    353.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/4.5
    Make:
    KONICA MINOLTA
    Model:
    DiMAGE Z6
    Date / Time:
    2006:01:19 00:22:27
    Exposure Time:
    1/1000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 50
    Focal Length:
    5.859375 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).