Join our zoo community
Zooish

Wild Amazonia - Amazon Flooded Forest

The centrepiece of the park, this is supposedly the largest freshwater aquarium exhibit in the world at 2 million litres. It houses 10 manatees (Caribbean, as a substitute for the Amazonian species), arapaima, arrowana, pacu, piraiba, red-tailed catfish, golden dorado, shovelnose catfish, flagtail characin and more (though not all the fish are in the exhibit yet). This viewing window measures 22 metres by 4 metres, and is one of 4 viewing points around this aquarium.

Wild Amazonia - Amazon Flooded Forest
Zooish, 6 Apr 2013
JurassicMax likes this.
    • Zooish
      The centrepiece of the park, this is supposedly the largest freshwater aquarium exhibit in the world at 2 million litres. It houses 10 manatees (Caribbean, as a substitute for the Amazonian species), arapaima, arrowana, pacu, piraiba, red-tailed catfish, golden dorado, shovelnose catfish, flagtail characin and more (though not all the fish are in the exhibit yet).

This viewing window measures 22 metres by 4 metres, and is one of 4 viewing points around this aquarium.
    • uszoo
      That looks amazing and when more fish join it will be even better. There is so much room compared to what I thought as there are 10 manatees but it still feels empty. I have to find a way to get over to singapore someday.
    • zooboy28
      This does look really cool from this angle, its clearly a massive tank for these animals and they have heaps of room. It'd be cool if they could make it look a bit more like a flooded forest though - more dead branches or other vegetation? Not sure that that would be very practical though.
    • Zooish
      I'd like more details in the tank too, but the final design seems to suit function - giving the manatees unobstructed swimming space and maintaining water clarity.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    River Wonders
    Uploaded By:
    Zooish
    Date:
    6 Apr 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count: