Join our zoo community
Zooish

Wild Amazonia - Squirrel Monkey Forest

Inside the Squirrel Monkey Forest. It still looks very open as the plants have yet to mature. The walkway loops back to the same entry/exit point.

Wild Amazonia - Squirrel Monkey Forest
Zooish, 7 Apr 2013
    • Zooish
      Inside the Squirrel Monkey Forest. It still looks very open as the plants have yet to mature. The walkway loops back to the same entry/exit point.
    • snowleopard
      With the speedy growth rate of much of the foliage in Singapore I would not be surprised to see photos of this exhibit on ZooChat in a couple of years that show a heavily planted jungle. Other than possibly tricky opportunities to actually view the monkeys I see this exhibit as being fantastic, but having the same entrance/exit could possibly be a congestion issue.
    • dennisthetiger
      I would have preferred to remove the irritating railings and made a dirt path instead, to feel like its really in the jungle
    • Zooish
      That would look great, but the guiding principal for designing zoo exhibits is that they have to be accessible to all visitors as much as possible - this includes the handicapped, wheelchair-bound, elderly, young children. Hence the need to have proper paved pathways and railings.

Added plus of the railings here is that the monkeys love to scamper along them, providing very close encounters.
    • Sum_9450
      Railings has become part of squirrel monkey's territory. The tour guide introduced to the visitors not to touch the railings or they might get bitten by the squirrel monkey. I saw a little furry creature jumped onto a man's shoulder in front of every visitors and tour guide. the tour guide also mentioned not to bring any foods and drinks into the exhibit, just in case they may grab it. Even plastic bags are advised not to show off, because to them, plastic bags simply means food. My visit took place 5 days ago only.
    • PAT
      This exhibit is already just as lush as the surrounding rainforest. It didn't take long for Singapore's climate to work its magic.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    River Wonders
    Uploaded By:
    Zooish
    Date:
    7 Apr 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count: