Join our zoo community
Maguari

(Wild) Wet Forest Toads in Attempted Amplexus, Arenal Natura, 18/04/14

[i]Incilius melanochlorus[/i] This park is a hybrid of nature reserve and herpetarium. We visited on a night tour - the idea being that you taken round the reserve areas on a night walk and then are taken around the captive animals by torchlight. It was rather a frustrating experience in the end as the group size was simply far too large - it was just-about manageable for the reserve sections and the larger exhibits but by the time we go to the amazing range of captive frogs it was impossible to get a long look at anything, and only the guide's torch was bright enough to photograph by. Our guide did his best but the front desk just kept giving more people to keep track of. A shame - but we still saw many fantastic things (captive and wild) and I got a (wild) birthday sloth! :D Next time, however, if I were coming here I'd just come in the day and be done with it, then seek night walks elsewhere...

(Wild) Wet Forest Toads in Attempted Amplexus, Arenal Natura, 18/04/14
Maguari, 22 May 2014
    • Maguari
      Incilius melanochlorus

This park is a hybrid of nature reserve and herpetarium. We visited on a night tour - the idea being that you taken round the reserve areas on a night walk and then are taken around the captive animals by torchlight. It was rather a frustrating experience in the end as the group size was simply far too large - it was just-about manageable for the reserve sections and the larger exhibits but by the time we go to the amazing range of captive frogs it was impossible to get a long look at anything, and only the guide\'s torch was bright enough to photograph by. Our guide did his best but the front desk just kept giving more people to keep track of. A shame - but we still saw many fantastic things (captive and wild) and I got a (wild) birthday sloth! :D

Next time, however, if I were coming here I\'d just come in the day and be done with it, then seek night walks elsewhere...
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Arenal Natura Ecological Park
    Uploaded By:
    Maguari
    Date:
    22 May 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    531 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1024px
    Height:
    685px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D80
    Date / Time:
    2014:04:19 02:02:17
    Exposure Time:
    10/600 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    300 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).