Join our zoo community
Buckeye092

Willie

This is our male Orangutan, Willie. He is 17 so he is relatively young. Our females, Tara (13), and Sally (27), are almost always on exhibit with him. Sally is our recommended breeder but we think she has reproductive issues so we are probably going to wait for Tara to get a little older.

Willie
Buckeye092, 28 Jan 2009
    • Buckeye092
      This is our male Orangutan, Willie. He is 17 so he is relatively young. Our females, Tara (13), and Sally (27), are almost always on exhibit with him. Sally is our recommended breeder but we think she has reproductive issues so we are probably going to wait for Tara to get a little older.
    • mstickmanp
      Does Colombus Zoo hold Bornean or Sumatran?
    • Buckeye092
      Sumatran Orangutans
    • gentle lemur
      He's a fine looking fellow.
      The telegraph poles and woven hammock are exactly the same basic furnishings as the outdoor enclosures at Realm of the Red Ape. Did Chester get the idea from Columbus?

Alan
    • Buckeye092
      Maybe, we dont have many European ties with the exception of Howletts with gorillas. We were also supposed to send a six year old male Black Rhino to the UK (dont know where, I think London) but that fell through.
    • okapikpr
      I've seen the same furnishings in other zoos too, for primates.
    • CZJimmy
      Gentle Lemur, I'm 90% sure that Chester used the woven hammock feature in the old house and enclosure...
    • PAT
      No matter how ugly they look, Orang-utans seem to love hammocks. At Melbourne the orang-utans were always in the hammocks in their old enclosure.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Columbus Zoo and Aquarium
    Uploaded By:
    Buckeye092
    Date:
    28 Jan 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count: