Join our zoo community
Maguari

Wolf Enclosure at Cabarceno, 11/06/15

Home to Iberian Wolves. One of the occasions where the Cabarceno enclosures are perhaps a little *too* open.

Wolf Enclosure at Cabarceno, 11/06/15
Maguari, 17 Jun 2015
DelacoursLangur likes this.
    • Maguari
      Home to Iberian Wolves. One of the occasions where the Cabarceno enclosures are perhaps a little *too* open.
    • Pertinax
      Is the lusher green and treed area on the right bank not part of the enclosure? Methinks not as I also see a wall below it, apart from the contrast between the appearance of the grass in the two halves.
    • Maguari
      You are correct - left of the wall is the enclosure.
    • Pertinax
      Its not the best of their enclosures- maybe for 'native wildlife' they didn't push the boat out so much, though the terrain would be pretty natural for them I guess.
    • Macaw16
    • FunkyGibbon
      Just because pedantry is amusing, I'm going to argue that this isn't a ha-ha. A ha-ha is meant to give the illusion that there is no barrier between lawn and pasture, or in a zoo, between public area and enclosure.
      I don't think there is any intention to conceal the wall here, setting it into the slope is just the most convenient barrier they could make.
    • Maguari
      Indeed. Also, a ha-ha generally includes a wall anyway, as even indicated on the Wiki link above:

So even if we did classify it as a ha-ha, there is still a wall. ;)
    • Macaw16
      I know the is a wall included, I was saying that that is technically a ha-ha.
    • Chlidonias
      actually you said "Technically that is a ha-ha, not a wall" ;)
    • FunkyGibbon
      Except that, technically, it's not. :D
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Parque de la Naturaleza de Cabarceno
    Uploaded By:
    Maguari
    Date:
    17 Jun 2015
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    300.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix S9500
    Date / Time:
    2015:06:11 22:42:43
    Exposure Time:
    10/4000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    6.2 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).