Join our zoo community
Chlidonias

Woodham Park aviary, Christchurch

I think these are a mutation of turquoisines ([i]Neophema pulchella[/i]). The aviary is council-owned, built in around 1980 and situated in Woodham Park. There are six aviaries in the block, and they contain common aviary birds. I haven't been here for about twenty years so thought I would go have a quick look today. At the moment the birds housed here are zebra finches, canaries, painted quail, a couple of male barrabands, some cockatiels and budgies, an elegant parrot, a couple of mutation turquoisines and a couple of Indian ringnecks. I remember there being pheasants here in the past (probably golden and Lady Amherst's). There is no signage on the aviaries. They just exist as a feature of the park (which itself is really just for small children to play in).

Woodham Park aviary, Christchurch
Chlidonias, 23 May 2015
    • Chlidonias
      Opaline mutation of redrumps (Psephotus haematonotus).

The aviary is council-owned, built in around 1980 and situated in Woodham Park. There are six aviaries in the block, and they contain common aviary birds. I haven't been here for about twenty years so thought I would go have a quick look today.

At the moment the birds housed here are zebra finches, canaries, painted quail, a couple of male barrabands, some cockatiels and budgies, an elegant parrot, a couple of mutation redrumps and a couple of Indian ringnecks. I remember there being pheasants here in the past (probably golden and Lady Amherst's).

There is no signage on the aviaries. They just exist as a feature of the park (which itself is really just for small children to play in).
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    New Zealand - Other
    Uploaded By:
    Chlidonias
    Date:
    23 May 2015
    View Count:
    Comment Count: