Join our zoo community
snowleopard

World's Smallest Zoo?

April 2009. My niece and nephew and I spent 4-5 hours constructing this mini-masterpiece in the living room of my apartment. My wife Debbie and I are planning to become parents in the near future, and I thought that I'd haul out my old zoo animal collection and practice fatherhood with a couple of kids. I've had quite a few plastic zoo animals ever since I was a youngster, and in total there are about 750 animals. That includes around 20 dinosaurs, and the zoo in the photo is about 15 feet by 15 feet in diameter. Some of the larger animal figures are not in actual exhibits, as I wanted to keep everything to scale for the enclosures.

World's Smallest Zoo?
snowleopard, 28 Apr 2009
felis silvestris and JurassicMax like this.
    • snowleopard
      April 2009. My niece and nephew and I spent 4-5 hours constructing this mini-masterpiece in the living room of my apartment. My wife Debbie and I are planning to become parents in the near future, and I thought that I\'d haul out my old zoo animal collection and practice fatherhood with a couple of kids. I have owned quite a few plastic zoo animals ever since I was a youngster, and in total there are about 750 animals. That includes around 20 dinosaurs, and the zoo in the photo is about 15 feet by 15 feet in diameter. Some of the larger animal figures are not in actual exhibits, as I wanted to keep everything to scale for the enclosures.
    • reduakari
      It looks like a private British Zoo, with those functional square boxes and all! Do you have any spare tires your nephew can throw into the enclosures so the animals can display their "natural behaviors?":D
    • Ituri
      I think this zoo might be bigger than the RSCC ;)
      PossumRoach likes this.
    • James27
      Lol cheap shot. Make sure you never give your pet dog a chew toy then ;)
    • okapikpr
      All you need is a train...
    • zoogiraffe
      Some poeple just cannot help having a dig at places they have never visited and probably never will,but then i live in country where most of the population have left the County(State) they live in!!
    • Hix
      Huh?

I'm guessing geometry wasn't your strong point in school?

LOL!
    • European Fauna
      I had a great collection , mostly comprised of animals manufactured by "Britains".Certain Britains figures , especially rarer and well-preserved pieces are now keenly collected and get good prices on Ebay.However , I am delighted that they are now in the hands of my young nephew and being keenly played with.I like that things continue to be used for a purpose and I enjoy using antique porcelain on a daily basis for dining , for example.By the way , also had the original Britains zoo compound itself.This was constructed in such eggshell-thin plastic that it could never withstand much play at all.I doubt many, if any, of these have survived unless somebody stashed away one or two sets without ever opening the box.Does anybody remember this?
    • phoenix
      the elephant exhibit is too small...
    • dragon(ele)nerd
      how much is admission?
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Zoo Memorabilia & Collectables
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    28 Apr 2009
    View Count: