Join our zoo community
snowleopard

World's Smallest Zoo?

April 2009. My niece and nephew and I spent 4-5 hours constructing this mini-masterpiece in the living room of my apartment. My wife Debbie and I are planning to become parents in the near future, and I thought that I'd haul out my old zoo animal collection and practice fatherhood with a couple of kids. I've had quite a few plastic zoo animals ever since I was a youngster, and in total there are about 750 animals. That includes around 20 dinosaurs, and the zoo in the photo is about 15 feet by 15 feet in diameter. Some of the larger animal figures are not in actual exhibits, as I wanted to keep everything to scale for the enclosures.

World's Smallest Zoo?
snowleopard, 28 Apr 2009
felis silvestris and JurassicMax like this.
    • snowleopard
      April 2009. My niece and nephew and I spent 4-5 hours constructing this mini-masterpiece in the living room of my apartment. My wife Debbie and I are planning to become parents in the near future, and I thought that I\'d haul out my old zoo animal collection and practice fatherhood with a couple of kids. I have owned quite a few plastic zoo animals ever since I was a youngster, and in total there are about 750 animals. That includes around 20 dinosaurs, and the zoo in the photo is about 15 feet by 15 feet in diameter. Some of the larger animal figures are not in actual exhibits, as I wanted to keep everything to scale for the enclosures.
      JurassicMax likes this.
    • geomorph
      This looks like an AZA award contender! Was it completed in time to qualify for this years awards? :rolleyes:
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Zoo Memorabilia & Collectables
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    28 Apr 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count: