UngulateNerd92 likes this.
    • vogelcommando
      Bred at RSCC ?
    • zoogiraffe
      Nope imported by RSCC.
    • vogelcommando
      OK, thanks for that information !
    • Shirokuma
      Where did it come from? Is there only one?
    • Tim May
      There are two currently on exhibit.
    • Shirokuma
      I assume they are the only ones in the UK. Are there any even in the rest of Europe?
    • TeaLovingDave
      There are a pair at Walsrode.
    • sooty mangabey
      Tim – you've obviously taken advantage of today's glorious weather to revisit Sandwich. Has much changed, or arrived, since your previous visit – other than the appearance of these chaps? I presume these are still in the cuscus enclosure; any indication of when the intended inhabitants will appear, or where these will go when they do? Is the tiger area open yet, or still only when being shown around by a keeper? And were there many visitors there?
    • Tim May
      To answer your questions “Sooty”:-

The young cassowary depicted here is in the enclosure that has a label for bear cuscus, spotted cuscus and brown dorcopsis; the other young cassowary is opposite in the enclosure next to the youngest clouded leopard. There is no indication as to when the cuscus will be on show.

There are not many changes since my last visit on 5th April; the cassowaries were not on exhibit that day so seeing these was the most significant difference for me.

It is still only possible to get close to the Malayan tiger exhibit when accompanied by a keeper. There were a few families visiting today (and also a keeper from Twycross Zoo) but there were not many visitors.
    • Bwassa
      nice shot Tim!

Does anyone know how long they will take to reach maturity?
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Rare Species Conservation Centre
    Uploaded By:
    Tim May
    Date:
    17 May 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    169.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1063px
    Aperture:
    f/5.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 400D DIGITAL
    Date / Time:
    2014:05:17 15:26:34
    Exposure Time:
    1/200 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    205 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).