TNT

Young Warthog pile, Colchester Zoo

Young Warthog pile, Colchester Zoo
TNT, 4 May 2022
    • Rajang-GOAT
      It will certainly be sad when they leave... :(
      TNT likes this.
    • ajmcwhipsnade
      @Rajang-GOAT it will be sad, Colchester is one of my favourite zoos and I think it’s a top warthog enclosure.

Am I right in thinking they are extending the cheetah area?
      Rajang-GOAT likes this.
    • Rajang-GOAT
      @ajmcwhipsnade Yes, you are right. At times, well for many years in my personal experience, the Warthogs have been regular no shows and not visible. This could be down to the shape of the enclosure and small viewing stations though. Since the pups last year were born, they have been more visible and active, which is great. They are a good display nowadays, and they would also be a loss of diversity and in Edge of Africa. To say the least I do not desire this change, if it is to happen, but I am not always a fan of change, especially in some of the older architecture in Colchester Zoo which I am nostalgic for. But, if it helps the Cheetah breeding, I cannot complain too much, more information about this (bearing in mind it could change) can be found in the Colchester Zoo news thread.
    • Terry Thomas
      An interesting shot
      TNT likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Colchester Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    TNT
    Date:
    4 May 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    3.8 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4608px
    Height:
    3456px
    Aperture:
    f/6.2
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix S9800 S9850 S9750
    Date / Time:
    2022:05:05 00:02:49
    Exposure Time:
    10/4500 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    78 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).