Join our zoo community
Zebraduiker

Zebra stalls

Isn't it great, how many space the vistors have and how many the animals ?

Zebra stalls
Zebraduiker, 8 Jan 2009
DelacoursLangur likes this.
    • Zebraduiker
      Isn\'t it great, how many space the vistors have and how many the animals ?
    • James27
      It's ok for sleeping quarters, but seems too exposed, I imagine they'd get very stressed if one had to be kept inside for some reason and the house was open?
    • European Fauna
      Unusual layout.Looks fairly cosy.
    • nicholas
      Sleeping quarters? Since zebras are awake on and off for 24 hours a day, I wouldn't call them sleeping quarters.
    • PAT
      These look like the temporary housing used for horses at races and shows.
    • taun
      I fail to see why people are so unimpressed with these stalls? This is what you will find in most zoos that keep Zebras the only difference is that many of those will be off-show.

Ignorance is bliss.
    • nicholas
      True! However, I find it despicable that a social animal, with a 24 hour on and off activity period should be confined in these small cells for the better part of the day. I would assume that they are shut in there between 6 p.m. and 7 a.m. or something close to that. (I am not just talking about Saarbrycken here, but about the general zebra management). Natural behavior is thus not very likely to occur for more then half the day, every day.
    • taun
      I agree completely. :)
    • PAT
      Maybe it's my Australian ignorance because over here a lot of our animal's, especially zebras and other ungulates, off show areas are open air yards.
    • lintworm
      But here in Europe, it can be very cold...
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Saarbrücken Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Zebraduiker
    Date:
    8 Jan 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count: