Join our zoo community
Toddy

Zoo am Meer - Overview

An overview of about 1/3 of the Zoo am Meer in Bremerhaven. The Zoo am Meer is located by the North Sea and the name actually means “Zoo by the Sea”. The zoo focuses on marine wildlife, such as polar bears, pinnipeds and penguins but also includes a few odd ones out, such as chimpanzees, pumas, marmosets and keas. The Tiergrotten Bremerhaven was opened in 1928 and later renamed in the 80’s to Zoo am Meer. From 2001 to 2004 the whole zoo was rebuilt from scratch gaining a total area 8600 m2 and built in two levels. June 2012

Zoo am Meer - Overview
Toddy, 6 Jun 2013
JigerofLemuria likes this.
    • Toddy
      An overview of about 1/3 of the Zoo am Meer in Bremerhaven. The Zoo am Meer is located by the North Sea and the name actually means “Zoo by the Sea”. The zoo focuses on marine wildlife, such as polar bears, pinnipeds and penguins but also includes a few odd ones out, such as chimpanzees, pumas, marmosets and keas.

The Tiergrotten Bremerhaven was opened in 1928 and later renamed in the 80’s to Zoo am Meer.

From 2001 to 2004 the whole zoo was rebuilt from scratch gaining a total area 8600 m2 and built in two levels.

June 2012
    • zooman
      Hi Toddy,

This zoo always gets my attention allot of very interesting exhibits, have you done a zoochat review of this zoo?

I would be vey interested to hear your thoughts?
    • Toddy
      I am glad you have enjoyed the pictures I have uploaded. I just finished uploading from the whole zoo. If the good people of ZooChat would like so I guess I could be persuaded to write up a review of Zoo am Meer sometime next week :)
    • Brum
      This place does look interesting and is quite well laid out for a zoo of its size, let's hope that some of the Americans fail to notice the amount of mock-rock! ;)
      And I would also like to read a review if you can find the time Toddy. :D
    • zooman
      Thx Toddy,

look forward to reading your review :)
    • Zooplantman
      Actually, I commented on this a few weeks ago and Toddy explained :D

Besides, it's not the Americans who are phobic about mock rock, it's the UK members! :p
    • Brum
      That's partially true, Americans are more against the use of fences more than mock -rock... :p In the UK we see nothing wrong with a bit of mesh, it's a lot more durable (and graffiti proof) than glass! ;)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Zoo am Meer Bremerhaven
    Uploaded By:
    Toddy
    Date:
    6 Jun 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    279.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1354px
    Height:
    903px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).