Join our zoo community
DesertRhino150

Zoo history sign

This one was on the wall of Chimp World. There were several other signs of this kind- current gelada (rhinoceros), capuchin (bears), smooth-coated otter (harbour seals), sea lion (elephants), Wilds of Asia (giraffes), tiger (zeedonks), old sun bear (orangutan), orangutan (birds of prey) and new sun bear (snow leopard).

Zoo history sign
DesertRhino150, 3 Apr 2013
    • DesertRhino150
      This one was on the wall of Chimp World.

There were several other signs of this kind in various places- current gelada (rhinoceros), capuchin (bears), smooth-coated otter (harbour seals), sea lion (elephants), Wilds of Asia (giraffes), tiger (zeedonks), old sun bear (orangutan), orangutan (birds of prey) and new sun bear (snow leopard) enclosures.

(Brackets indicate what formerly lived in these enclosures).
    • pipaluk
      I do like the idea of these signs, ZSL have done similar. I find them particularly useful at Colchester, since the zoo I began visiting regularly again in 2001 bears no resemblence to the one i had last visited in the mid 80s.
    • bugs
      Asian small clawed otters/binturong (cheetahs)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Colchester Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    DesertRhino150
    Date:
    3 Apr 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    239.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1071px
    Aperture:
    f/4.0
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D60
    Date / Time:
    2013:04:03 11:04:02
    Exposure Time:
    10/1250 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    70 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).