Join our zoo community
TinoPup

Zoo Sauvage 10/22 - Rocky Mountains, brown bear and bobcat exhibit

Zoo Sauvage 10/22 - Rocky Mountains, brown bear and bobcat exhibit
TinoPup, 1 Feb 2023
    • KevinB
      Quite an odd combination, I hadn't heard of a bear - bobcat mix before. I hope it's not an accident waiting to happen, like mixing bears and canines has proven to sometimes be...
      TinoPup likes this.
    • TinoPup
      @KevinB I think with the size of the exhibit, the bobcat (cats?) is able to easily stay away from the bears. They've been doing it long enough to have expensive signage for them out, maps that are out of date on a few other things, etc.
      KevinB likes this.
    • PogoFord
      @TinoPup If I recall correctly the bears have been with the bobcats since 1996 approximately. This exhibit is new from the start of the pandemic. Both species coexisted very well in the old exhibit (which is now the mountain goats') and are even better in that one. As you said, the bobcats can easily stay away from the bears. They use the trees a lot, too. I think there are 3 or 4 of them in the exhibit.
    • TinoPup
      @PogoFord Wow! Was there anything in the exhibit spot before? Did they have mountain goats before? The goats exhibit seems so suited for them.
    • PogoFord
      @TinoPup Actually yes, there were a few changes in that middle exhibit. Lastly, before they were swapt, the mountains goats/trumpeter swans/wild turkeys were in it. Before that back in the days I remember there have been mule deers and pronghorns, but that was a while ago. I agree with you, the current exhibits are way better this way.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Sauvage Zoo of St-Félicien
    Uploaded By:
    TinoPup
    Date:
    1 Feb 2023
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    4.3 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3909px
    Height:
    2933px
    Aperture:
    f/2.2
    Make:
    samsung
    Model:
    SM-G998U
    Date / Time:
    2022:10:04 12:15:32
    Exposure Time:
    1/1129 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 50
    Focal Length:
    2.2 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).