Join our zoo community
Toddy

ZOOM - Polar bear exhibit

ZOOM Erlebniswelt is a brand new zoo built completely from scratch on the site of the old Ruhr Zoo. It is divided into three large themes: Alaska (2005), Africa (2006) and Asia (2010). July 2009

ZOOM - Polar bear exhibit
Toddy, 12 Oct 2009
    • Toddy
      A view of about 25% of the exhibit for polar bears in the polar-region biotope of the Alaska theme in ZOOM Erlebniswelt, Germany. This exhibit is 3400 sqm large (0.84 acres) and provides a high-quality habitat for the polar bears, one of the best I have seen. The pool is huge and deep and the polar bears have a decent land-area with gravel for digging and lots of dirt with actual grass and other tundra plants growing. This exhibit is one of the absolute highlights of ZOOM.

ZOOM Erlebniswelt is a brand new zoo built completely from scratch on the site of the old Ruhr Zoo. It is divided into three large themes: Alaska (2005), Africa (2006) and Asia (2010).

July 2009
    • snowleopard
      How large is this polar bear enclosure? The pool is massive!
    • Dan
      3400 sq meters , I think Toddy wrote in some other post.
    • Toddy
      Yes, the information must have slipped somehow. I just copy-pasted it to this photo as well :)
    • snowleopard
      Thanks guys! 3400 sq. m. = 0.84 acres. A fairly impressive size in comparison to many other polar bear exhibits around the world.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    ZOOM Erlebniswelt
    Uploaded By:
    Toddy
    Date:
    12 Oct 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    198.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/8.0
    Make:
    OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
    Model:
    E-510
    Date / Time:
    2009:07:15 17:29:14
    Exposure Time:
    1/160 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    19 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).