Join our zoo community
JigerofLemuria

ZT Marine Mania: Crustacean house

This time, the crustacean house gets some attention. Bear in mind, the path includes stairs and two floors. Next up, I'll take some liberties with the shark tunnel. Animal sets in the comments.

ZT Marine Mania:  Crustacean house
    • JigerofLemuria
      Crayfish of the Mississippi
      - Main tank:
      Blue crayfish (Procambarus alleni), lagniappe crayfish (Procambarus lagniappe), marbled crayfish (Procambarus virginalis), Mississippi flatwoods crayfish (Procambarus cometes), Miami cave crayfish (Procambarus milleri), common shiner (Luxilus cornutus)

Horseshoe crabs of Delaware Bay
      - Main tank:
      Atlantic horseshoe crab (Limulus polyphemus), Blue crab (Callinectes sapidus), Black crab (Scylla serrata), Atlantic marsh fiddler crab (Atlantic marsh fiddler crab), Atlantic mudskipper (Periophthalmus barbarus), banded archerfish (Toxotes jaculatrix)

Spider crabs of the North Atlantic
      - Main tank:
      European spider crab (Maja squinado), Edible crab (Cancer pagurus), Dungeness crab (Metacarcinus magister), American lobster (Homarus americanus), Mediterranean slipper lobster (Scyllarides latus), Atlantic herring (Atlantic herring (Clupea harengus))

- Coconut crabs of Christmas Island
      Main exhibit (aesthetic change):
      Coconut crab (Birgus latro), Purple land crab (Gecarcinus ruricola), Caribbean hermit crab (Coenobita clypeatus), Acension Island land crab (Johngarthia lagostoma)
    • Haliaeetus
      @JigerofLemuria I don't know if a Crustacean House would be very popular among the visitors.
      Maybe you have some concrete examples of such exhibits in zoos or aquaria ?
    • JigerofLemuria
      @Haliaeetus Not really... I was almost tempted to make it a temperate waters aquarium with several types of fish. But in the end, I decided to go with the more unique take the game proposes. I think it came out fine.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Fantasy Zoos
    Uploaded By:
    JigerofLemuria
    Date:
    6 Jan 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    235.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1146px
    Height:
    984px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).