Join our zoo community

1907 Hagenbeck's Tierpark booklet

Discussion in 'Zoo Memorabilia' started by Joe F, 6 Apr 2016.

1. Joe F

Joe F New Member

Hi, I picked this up at an estate sale last year and was wondering what it might be worth. It is is pretty good condition with slight wear on the cover and some spots on the fold out map. Dated 1907 with an embossed cover.

When I opened the booklet up, I found several negatives from the trip this person took. Mostly appears to be of the cruise ship they were on, including the captain but at least one shows what I think of as a Dutch windmill.

Attached Files:

2. Nisha

Nisha Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Welcome to Zoochat

Well done on finding such a treasure :) don't see them that old very often. You ask what it's worth - I couldn't find another 1907 guide but found a 1908 onsale here in Europe for 80 Euros. That might be a little overpriced but its got to be worth something in that region. Are you planning to keep it?

3. Joe F

Joe F New Member

Thanks Nisha!

I love finding some long neglected treasure like this, but I'd like it to go to someone who will appreciate it. My military helmet collection takes up my entire basement :rolleyes:

Attached is a photo of the map that shows the discoloration and spotting.

I was thinking of putting it on eBay eventually, but I haven't listed anything in a few years so I don't know how much they charge. Id rather give someone a good deal than give money to eBay.

At the same sale, I also found a guide book for the Golden Gate International Exposition from 1939 which isn't as rare, but still interesting.

Attached Files: