Join our zoo community

Toronto Zoo 2009 - What a Year!!!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Zoogoer2000, 1 Jan 2010.

1. Zoogoer2000

Zoogoer2000 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone :)

Im sitting here writing this as 2009 comes to a close within the next few hours

I Can't believe its almost been two years for me on Zoochat, and wow... those two years have been amazing. It is such a joy talking to you all and sharing an intrest we all have (Toronto Zoo)

We've waited through pregnancies, celebrated births, crossed fingers on sick animals, mourned passed on animals and even welcomed a new exhibit after a two year wait, Tundra Trek

We've had a stellar year of births including gaur, sable antelope, kudu, cheetah, moose, bison, elk, gorilla, p. horse, snow leopards, camel and many other birds, insects, ambphibians, small mammals and reptiles

We lost many dear friends including Tessa and Tara the elephants, Yeki the white rhinoceros, Tom the kudu, Rabbit the hyena, Colette the wisent, Trouble the musk-oxen, Timo the fur seal and other sad losses

In August, we finally ended our momentous wait until Tundra Trek opened and we were pleasantly surprised. It turned out amazing just like we thought it would

We also we welcomed many animals from other zoos and sent away some of our own residents

Overall, its been a great year and 2010 promises to be just as great!!!

2. redpanda

redpanda Well-Known Member

Some of us are already there ;).

This has indeed been a great year and thanks to everyone on these forums for keeping me up-to-date, and inspired, with all things zoo. Before joining this site, I thought I was a friek - now I know that there's a whole lot of other frieks, anoraks and obsessives out there so a happy new year to you all!

3. Quartz92

Quartz92 Well-Known Member 15+ year member

redpanda that is exactly how I felt until I joined, over 2 years!

I am sure we will have another steller year I will keep my ears opened for the first births in 2010!

We will also here of/see plans developed for the new elephant exhibit and the Eurasia site reno.

Sumatran tiger 1.1 born in 07 will be shipped to Japan, South African Fur Seal 0.1 will be moved to the states in Feb.

Hope all goes well with the white rhino and other acquisitions!