Join our zoo community

22/23 Football Season

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by OstrichMania, 19 Sep 2022.

1. Lota lota

Lota lota Well-Known Member

RIP Pelé:(
    I'm tierd of people saying he isn't one of the greatest players off all time,just beacause the playstyle is diffrent today.If prime Pelé were too time travel to today and play against people like Ronaldo,Mbappe and Messi he would definitely have a hard time.But if Pelé was born 30 years ago he would still be one of the greatest.

Platypusboy and Kalaw like this.
  2. Kalaw

Kalaw Well-Known Member

Regardless of his skill level, Pelé will still go down in history as one of the greatest players to have ever graced the pitch due to just how much he changed the game and its role in mainstream culture across the world. In terms of skill alone, I would probably rank him below Messi, Ronaldo and Cruyff (although I try to avoid comparing players of the past to those of the present, because as you mentioned, playstyle, but also sport science, has changed so much!); but in terms of importance and entertainment, Pelé is certainly on the top of my list. It does depend on your definition of 'greatest,' but I do personally believe that Pelé, more than anyone else, is worthy of being called the Greatest of all Time. RIP Pelé.

Platypusboy likes this.