Join our zoo community

Penang Zoo,Malaysia

Discussion in 'Malaysia' started by calvynlee, 22 Dec 2006.

1. calvynlee

calvynlee New Member

Penang,Pearl Of Oriental, Located at Malaysia. is a nice Island. Penang also have 1 zoo, is very small,but worth to visit! i plan to have a visit on this Zoo and post my opinion and photo at my website which is LittlePenangDotCom -www.littlepenang.com

2. Nigel

Nigel Well-Known Member

Apa Khabar ?
    Selemat datang ke zoobeat forum !

I am interested in knowing more about the zoo in Penang , as I have visited this place a number of years ago .
    Is it part of the botanical gardens ?
    Do they still have those agressive monkeys there ?

3. calvynlee

calvynlee New Member

hi Nigel,
    khabar baik!

by the way..you know how to speak malay? but i am a chinese resident at malaysia..

Botanical still have alot of monkey, all very agressive, but now aday a park next to botanical, call youth park also alot of monkey..

the zoo i mention at penang is not at botanical garden, is a zoo located at "bukit jambu" at penang also..i still cant make a time to visit there..i will posted to my website Little Penang Dot Com,once i visit..soon..so stay tune at my website..thank for your support!

4. Nigel

Nigel Well-Known Member

Malaysian Zoos

Saya bercakap sidikit bahasa Malayu .
    Saya tadi pergi ke malaysia , Singapore , dan Brunei -- makan angin/jalan jalan
    for about delapan minggu

In English ; I can speak a little Malaysian . I went to Singapore , Malaysia , and Brunei for about 8 weeks walkabout ( Australian lingo for a big wander around )

I visited Singapore Zoo and Jurong Bird park Both were/are excellent !!
    Melaka Zoo -- not bad . Most enclosures were decent size . It tries to do the best it can with limited resources
    Taiping Zoo . It was starting its major upgrade when I was there
    Sepilong orang utan sanctuary ( OK , I know that it is not a zoo )
    does an excellent work in successfully rehabilitating orangs back into the jungle
    and was a good days excursion . Open to the public and tries to educate them
    Kuala Krai zoo . Horrible !! It needs to be closed down .

5. nedpepper

nedpepper Well-Known Member 15+ year member

i remember visiting this zoo when i was twelve on a family holiday, i was shocked at how small the enclosures were, especially the tiger cage, which was made from only concrete! if anyone has any pictures i would love to have a look and see if it has changed?