Join our zoo community

A Broadway Theatre in a Zoo?!

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by Gforrestersmith, 25 Sep 2011.

1. Gforrestersmith

Gforrestersmith Well-Known Member

I always wanted to know something: is it possible just possible to Open a Large Broadway Theatre in a Zoo? If So, How could it Happen?

If So If I build my Own Zoo I wanted to add a Permanent Production of the Broadway Musical Production of The Lion King to the Zoo, Why?: Because I Love it! I've Been to the Tour Production Three Times and It's Never Boring. It's Even Better than God himself!

If You Wanted to add a Broadway Musical to a Zoo, What would it be and Why?

2. DavidBrown

DavidBrown Well-Known Member 15+ year member

What you are describing pretty much exists at Disney's Animal Kingdom which has several large Broadway style shows and theaters, including Lion King. I can't think of another zoo that would have the capacity or desire to put on a show or build a theater like you describe. It seems like it would be a pretty stupid use of their resources, given that most (all?) zoos are always hunting for resources to improve and maintain their basic animal and facilities infrastructure.

Last edited: 25 Sep 2011
  3. Maguari

Maguari Never could get the hang of Thursdays. 15+ year member Premium Member

Is there a zoo on Broadway then for you to put this in? :D

There's at least one European theatre within a zoo's grounds (though I don't think it's of the scale you're thinking of): Theater Frankfurt