Join our zoo community

a critical approach to the ecodisplay concept

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by LARTIS, 28 Mar 2020.

1. LARTIS

LARTIS Well-Known Member 5+ year member

sorry @Echobeast but the thread literally starts off with an example
    that by the way is meanr to be the foundation for everything below it
    therefor a thesis or like the title a critical approach

a concept and a proposal

and the only person that used the term fact was u and me quoting u and majority therefor quanity does not necessarily equals quality

further some of the things u brought up again were subject of misconceptions i allready reacted to

i am totally fine being asked and getting blamed for causing unintentionally misconceptions but not for people impy things

2. Echobeast

Echobeast Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I have read and reread all your posts multiple times because I did not want to accuse you of something you did not do. Your first post has no anecdotes and no facts presented. You present an example of something you have seen but there is no evidence or even an anecdote to prove your conclusion that your idea would have a greater impact on guests than what is already there which is what I am asking for. You even say that it’s your opinion at one point but you don’t provide anything to turn us to your opinion. Do you have pictures of what you mean? A lot of us aren’t from Europe and aren’t familiar with the zoos you mentioned. I don’t want to cause arguments but I remain unconvinced until you either clarify your points or provide some sort of evidence for your reasoning because I just don’t agree that you’ve proven your point and I don’t agree with your conclusion.

3. Zooplantman

Zooplantman Well-Known Member

I am still not clear on exactly what is being proposed and how it differs from any number of existing exhibits.

4. LARTIS

LARTIS Well-Known Member 5+ year member

stop being silly
    but jokes aside

@Echobeast
    i appreciate ur questions but want to clarify
    i intended neither to give an anecdote nor studies because none r given
    but therefor a thesis

since u mentioned a potential intention why i opened the thread i realized i did not think of something specific rather than having it mentioned and appreciate the chance for other people to voice their opion or even an idea

here is link to a description of burgers bush ZooLex Exhibit - BUSH

and hope my other answer might provide further clarification

@Zooplantman
    representing an example for what is given and i proposed and therefor would change were burgers bush and zurich masoala
    simplified each allready have a greenhouse with more or less lil information boards that could be expanded along with life displays meaning terrariums paludariums and aquariums

5. Zooplantman

Zooplantman Well-Known Member

Well I heartily agree with such an approach. As an exhibit designer I can see though that if you pile every thing and fact and species into a visitor experience then you overwhelm the visitor, weaken the experience, and lose the important messages in an avalanche of factoids.
    Choose your priorities and design to accomplish them

Mr. Zootycoon likes this.