Join our zoo community

A Decade of ZooChat

Discussion in 'ZooChat Community & Website' started by bongorob, 18 May 2017.

1. bongorob

bongorob Well-Known Member 15+ year member

It is ten years today that I discovered Zoochat. I was searching for information about Realm of the Red Ape at Chester Zoo and found a link to this wonderful site.

I envisaged making lots of new friends and travelling to zoos with them, both U.K. and foreign.
    Been to a lot of U.K.zoos with a lot of nice people, but no one will go to continental zoos with me.

I really want to do the great European zoos the Berlins, Cologne, Frankfurt, Walsrode, Antwerp, Rotterdam, they all look so interesting.

Looking forward to another great ten years, and perhaps even get a mention on my 70th Birthday, my 60th seemed to pass everyone by.

2. Water Dragon

Water Dragon Well-Known Member

Happy 10th anniversary Bongorob! I mean while have just celebrated my 2 months anniversary a few days ago :p

3. LaughingDove

LaughingDove Well-Known Member

Aren't you like the Queen (of England) Bongorob with your real birthday and an official birthday a bit later in the year?

We can call today your official birthday for ceremonial purposes, so happy 60th birthday. ;)

Or symbolically we can say that to us on ZooChat you were effectively born on the day you first joined the forum, so happy birthday in that regard too. ;)

4. Tim May

Tim May Well-Known Member 15+ year member Premium Member

Well, you're welcome to participate in my next European zoo trip should you wish.

You really should think about attending ZooHistorica sometimes; there are normally lots of UK ZooChat members there and it is an ideal opportunity to visit continental zoos.

5. zoogiraffe

zoogiraffe Well-Known Member

Zoospud has sent him e-mails regarding joining you on this trip Tim but as of yet he hasn't sent any reply!!