Join our zoo community

A general Observation

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by garyjp, 13 Mar 2015.

1. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

which other zoos are you thinking of? The two I mentioned are really bad for it, I couldn't think of any others which turn bad in anything like the same way.

I think most people would agree with that. Debating is what forums thrive on, not anger. Differences are what make us all the same (or something like that).

2. cracker

cracker Well-Known Member

I just pressed the imaginary "Like" button

3. Pootle

Pootle Well-Known Member

I'm not too sure about that comment garyjp. I suspect there are more than we know who are ZC members who work presently or in the past in zoos, and a few who as you say do indeed dream of the day. However, I reckon the majority of members just like zoos and are fascinated by animals generally. Personally speaking a zoo keepers job is too much crap for too little pay and wouldn't interest me at all.

Last edited by a moderator: 16 Mar 2015
  4. garyjp

garyjp Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Yes those two are the worse or it then as I think was mentioned earlier Damien Aspinall seems to start it all off and I have noticed sly digs at Anna Ryder richardsons Welsh Zoo and the new one they are invovled with too. Apparently the parrot zoo has taken some but i havent seen that

Last edited by a moderator: 16 Mar 2015
  5. garyjp

6. garyjp

Now that is funny - that's what it is all about !

7. Pertinax

Pertinax Well-Known Member 15+ year member

His name crops up on other conservation forums too and sparks similar heated debate. As a result of a recent '60 minutes' film about the Gorilla releases just shown in America, his own Aspinall Foundation Facebook pages are carrying many comments(from American viewers presumably) about it. As usual opinion is divided, a lot are supportive,but many are accusatory about the way the release was handled.