Join our zoo community

A new begining

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mal1, 25 Dec 2017.

1. Mal1

Mal1 New Member

I used to work with zoological establishments in Romania in an effort to raise awareness of the conditions in which the captive animals were kept with the hope to assist with improvement. At the time I established a newsletter which I called 'Zoo-Lynx' which was well received - In line with this I tried to establish a training centre 'Ark Park' although no longer involved with Romania these can still be found on the internet. Just search Zoo Lynx or Ark Park.

During this time I was one of the founding members of 'SHAPE South Eastern Europe' (for those who do not know about this, it is a group that works with zoo's in training and enrichment). However due to illness I had to stop my work, but now there is an urge to get back into the field and am looking to help again, it will not be with Romania as there is much going on now, so I am looking at Belarus for possible assistance.

Unfortunately many of my past contacts have moved away and others past on to the big zoo in the sky and much of my information including my books on enrichment and enclosure design have been lost over the years.

If anyone has copies of such information or can point me in the right direction, I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks in anticipation,

Mal

2. vogelcommando

vogelcommando Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Visited the web-page of Ark Park ( Ark Park - HOME ) and think its a good project because many zoos in this part of Europe can use some ( or a lot ) of extra education and help !
    The web-site of Zoo Lynx I didn't find because as soon as you write Zoo Lynx you will get a lot of sites about lynxes at zoos but no newsletter of a Romenian zoo-organisation.
    BTW : welcome to ZooChat and I hope some ZooChatters ( including myself ) can help you to realise your plans !

3. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Certainly an admirable goal to improve zoo conditions. I wish you the best of success and hope some of us can be of help. Welcome to ZooChat.

4. Mal1

Mal1 New Member

Hi, sorry to confuse you, but you will find Zoolinx at: Zoolinx Romania - Home

5. TheGerenuk

TheGerenuk Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Welcome to Zoochat!