Join our zoo community

Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden A Walk Through the Zoo

Discussion in 'United States' started by Moebelle, 24 Jun 2013.

1. Moebelle

Moebelle Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it:) It was also used as the zoo's bird house, it just went under a major renovation to become Wings of the World. It's kind of funny how it worked. The Reptile House was the originally the Monkey House. The zoo's birds lived in six aviaries nearby (The Passenger Pigeon Memorial is a replica of one of them), and today's Bird House was the Reptile House. All within the early 50's, the reptiles moved to the Monkey House, the monkeys moved to the aviaries, and the birds were moved to the then Reptile House. 'Giant Fruit Bat' is another term for Indian Flying Fox.

Last edited: 20 Jun 2017
    drill likes this.
  2. Moebelle

A redo of the Reptile House

Ned and Kifaru Bwana like this.
  3. Moebelle

Here is the greatest video I've composed - of the greatest exhibit Cincinnati has... Jungle Trails

drill likes this.
  4. Moebelle

Today I got footage to present Manatee Springs, White lion, Rhino Reserve, and even shots of Fiona, the first time that I saw her.

5. Moebelle

Rhino Reserve

Nothing will beat last week's video I believe, but I hope the sound effects and timing of the music can be appreciated more. I also couldn't resist adding Fiona into the video.

Video Facts
    1. The video thumbnail is a picture of White Rhinoceroses located at The Wilds, a safari park located in Cumberland, Ohio. I don't have any vibrant rhinoceros photos of Cincinnati's natives, so I decided to use my greatest photo of the species to attract attention to the video.
    2. This was only the second time I saw Moyo, the baby okapi. If you noticed, I didn't see the Okapis on my first time around. I also haven't seen the duikers in a few months.
    3. Since the black rhinos are off exhibit, I didn't want to cover Rhino Reserve this week. However, my last video said it would be the next 'episode'. I wasn't aware that Seyia would give birth within the week, although I'm not surprised.
    4. This was the first time I saw flamingo chicks on exhibit. They're usually out earlier in the season.
    5. This is one of my shortest videos, but it still took over 4 hours to compose.
    6. I was a few feet towards the exit before going back to try to film a closeup of the okapis - the most vital species I believe was needed for the video.
    7. Rhino Reserve may have some of the zoo's rarest creatures, but due to the exhibit's age it doesn't offer much excitement. Hence why the video seems rushed.

6. Moebelle

Here is a preview of what is to come for my next walkthrough: Manatee Springs. In my photo uploads, people have seemed interested more in the building's educational displays over the animals themselves. So, while you won't see a whole lot of it, this upcoming video will touch up on them. I also hope you find the music both fitting and soothing:)

StoppableSan likes this.
  7. Moebelle

Manatee Springs - A much improved video over the last one. Notice the first shot of the crocodile exhibit and compare it to the next one. I hope it's not too noticeable, and felt that the tank panorama had to be in there longer. So I reversed a single scene and now people can be seen walking backwards.

8. Moebelle

9. Andrew_NZP

Andrew_NZP Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I think you titled your video wrong. You put IV which equals four, but the video is the ninth (IX) in your "Cincinnati Zoo Tour" series.

10. Moebelle

Haha thank you, I figured I would make a mistake on at least one of them.

11. Jurek7

Jurek7 Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I love your videos! I hope every Zoochatter who has a home zoo can make such videos. It would be great to see how zoo exhibits in countries we don't know look like!

Moebelle and pachyderm pro like this.
  12. pachyderm pro

pachyderm pro Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Well may I recommend my YouTube channel, "Brookfield ZooTube ? ;)

13. Moebelle

New Video. Unlike what the video implies, the next feature will not be in Cincinnati. I also hope you enjoy the new addition of the animal facts. I'd like to add that after my next video, all the little shakes will be absent. I didn't realize that my old Cybershot had nearly a perfect shake reduction. I consider myself lucky to even have made this video, animals in Wolf Woods are rarely active.

14. Moebelle

FIRST NARRATIVE

Please check out my latest video with an all new improved documentary style. I'll cover individual exhibits from famous zoos, as I already have, but from now on I'll discuss the history of the complex and give in depth summaries on each every specimen. This will also be the first time where I incorporate my voice in a video. This week's episode of my new series covers Eagles in Cincinnati. Feedback on the new style will be appreciated Next week will be rainforest animals from Indianapolis. Link in the bio.

15. Moebelle

My second animal spotlight video, despite what the video says. This time on the short bio of Kendi, the baby black rhino. For those who were paying attention, I lied... twice now. This week will not be the release of my ultimate Eelephant doc/walkthrough for Cincinnati. I believe it must be saved for another few of weeks so that other zoos get thrown in the video rotation. As for this video, enjoy its cute premise and I'm hoping at least one of you recognizes the song. Also thank you for the support on my first narrative, which has become my most recent popular video, and it is growing in views rapidly every day.

pachyderm pro likes this.
  16. Moebelle

A Zoo Tour short - a quick look at the Elephant House's interior, featuring of course, the elephants. The video highlights the short distance between the animals and the guest viewing, Jati's ability to annoy her roommates, and hay bales hung as close as possible so the elephants can raise their trunks right above your very eyes. Please check out this footage of my alone time indoors with Schottzie, Jati, and Mai-Thai:)

mstickmanp and Grant like this.
  17. Moebelle

One of my favorite videos, Night Hunters, a history lesson and complete walkthrough breakdown. Despite other videos being released before this, this was actually the first video I ever made that included narration. Enjoy Cincinnati's nocturnal house:

18. ZooBinh

ZooBinh Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Did you delete some of your episodes?

19. Moebelle

Nope, every episode is still up.

20. ZooBinh

ZooBinh Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Really? I don't see episode 28 or 29.