Join our zoo community

A zoo made with the avatars of Zoochatters!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Zoos' started by Kakapo, 15 Dec 2018.

1. Kakapo

Kakapo Well-Known Member

I passed some days recopilating the avatars of Zoochat members with the idea of making an species list. There are tons of members without avatar, as well as some whose avatar is not an animal. I also don't included members whose animal in the avatar I can't identify to species (what hornbill is writhedhornbill (not a writhed)), or what rattlesnake is Hix?). Appart of that, I tried to be as exhaustive as I can, tough for sure I missed some members as there were a lot of us. I hope none omitted member mind that.

My idea was originally to put here the images of the avatars too next to the species names, but I don't know a simple method to show tem (like a copypaste) without saving and uploading one by one in the text, so I will put only the names.

The zoo will start with a child farm that holds the next species:
    A paddock with a simple alpaca (Lama pacos) @mrcriss together with a couple of camels (Camelus bactrianus) @Mr. Belvedere and @swedish beaver, a pig (Sus scrofa) @demonmoth and a solitary domestic goat (Capra hircus) @HannahCatherine , followed with a small open-top enclosure for two common rabbits (Oryctolagus cuniculus) @Beastking04 and @AshLin , a common poultry (Gallus gallus) @ajmcwhipsnade and a white domestic mallard (Anas platyrhynchos) @Quakerheadand a muscovy duck (Cairina moschata) @KevinVar . After we could find a lawn with three domestic cattle (Bos taurus): @animalelegirl , @OstrichMania and @PrimoCulture Farms, and our two rideable domestic horses (Equus caballus) @Dassie and @Standpitpony . A lone budgerigar (Melopsittacus undulatus) @Sheather is free flying into the visitor center bulding. Last it will be here a cat pub like the ones seen in Japan, with our six tame domestic cats (Felis catus): @dean , @designingzoos , @Musi , @tazzy , @UlliJ and @zoosnbrews and a very small aquarium with a single male guppy (Poecilia reticulata) @Killer Guppy . Free ranging over the whole zone there is a single male Indian peafowl (Pavo cristatus) @MinxFox .

Next to this zone is the big African Savannah precinct. At one side of the path there is an enormous prairie with scattered trees and logs, similar in style to the Wuppertal zoo enclosure, for our pride of Lions (Panthera leo) composed by 16 individuals: @Ally , @Animal , @callum , @ChessingtonBuzz , @Eagle , @Emperor Penguin , @Fanimal , @HalfEarther , @Izzy Anderson , @Kadija , @longleat diego , @MidwestFan , @naturefirst , @Paulkarli08 , @Safari Stone and @zaitoonah .The other side of the path will be a big paddock for ungulates that includes a single black rhinoceros (Diceros bicornis) @Rhinorhodes mixed with four white rhinoceros (Ceratotherium simum) @Joker1706 @Judache @Screvier20 and @Sealife357, living here is our herd of six giraffes (Giraffa camelopardalis) @DavidBrown @JoeDK14 @kknudsen @Moebelle @Rothko and @Wildlifeartuk with a single plains zebra (Equus quagga) @ZebraDude95, a gemsbok (Oryx gazella) @ChesterGemsbok , a giant eland (Taurotragus derbianus) @Giant Eland , a couple of greater kudus (Tragelaphus strepsiceros) @Kudu21 and @Ungulata , a single impala (Aepyceros melampus) @CindelP and a single ostrich (Struthio camelus) @ostrich . Once ended this large mixed paddock for large grazers, will start a series of smaller individual enclosures for single species. First if for or couple of aardvarks (Orycteropus afer) @AardvarkJosh and @Orycteropus , next to a pair of Aardwolves (Proteles cristatus) @Macaw16 and @sooty mangabey. After that a lawn with shrubs for our couple of African wild dogs (Lycaon pictus) @FrightyDog and @markymarc1979 and after a bigger lawn for five cheetahs (Acinonyx jubatus): @azcheetah2 @karoocheetah @m30t @natel12 and @stacey101 .After that a small diggable enclosure would house or family of six meerkats (Suricata suricatta): @animalman0341 , @Ashanti , @jacks zoo , @Jodea , @meerkat man and @mongoose47 . After that will come a netted enclosure for a single serval (Leptailurus serval) @animalpsych and a larger opentop enclosure for our couple of spotted hyenas (Crocuta crocuta) @Jena and @Meaghan Edwards . Then it follow series of netted enclosures. One for a single African harrier hawk (Polyboroides typus) @Hawk , next for a black-footed cat (Felis nigripes) @Black Footed Beast, and last for a yellow mongoose (Cynictis penicillata) @Brum . The African savannah will end in a giant open space with some thickets, for our big herd of 12 African elephants (Loxodonta africana) @AnaheimZoo @Bwana Hans @csura999 @elefante @Indlovu @Jaxton @Milwaukee Man @MKE Zoo guy @Nate Brother @Proboscidea @ShowMeElephants and @yomatibi .

Next (tomorrow): African jungle, Madagascar, Tropical aviary, Living desert, Wetland, Aquarium, Polar region, Asian highlands, Asian jungle, Temperate forest, Temperate prairie, South American precinct, Invertebrate house, Reptilarium, Oceania precinct, Endangered gallery, Back to life

Last edited by a moderator: 18 Dec 2018
    Mbwamwitu, Zoofan15, Jambo and 17 others like this.
  2. aardvark250

aardvark250 Well-Known Member

Now the question: Is @Chlidonias a beaver or otter?Or something else?;)

3. Kakapo

Kakapo Well-Known Member

:D You will see when I come to Wetlands. A hint: I tried to be correct and not humorous regarding the species for this thread

4. Daktari JG

Daktari JG Well-Known Member

You can use my avatar for an empty exhibit with a sign
    "sorry animals currently off display"

Mbwamwitu, Jambo, Zooplantman and 8 others like this.
  5. Brum

Brum Well-Known Member

Genius! :D

6. demonmoth

demonmoth Well-Known Member

love it xxxx

7. WhistlingKite24

WhistlingKite24 Well-Known Member Premium Member

What a great idea!:D

8. Brum

Brum Well-Known Member

@Kakapo I noticed there were no zebras. Does that mean no-one on ZooChat has a zebra for their avatar? :eek:

I'm glad my avatar is no longer a car, at least I'm part of the thread! :p

TinoPup likes this.
  9. Yi Qi

Yi Qi Well-Known Member

Screw it, i'm going to get my avatar!

Mbwamwitu likes this.
  10. BigNate

BigNate Well-Known Member

1 zebra

Brum likes this.
  11. savetherhino

savetherhino Well-Known Member

My avatar is a Black Rhino

12. Brum

Brum Well-Known Member

Just seen it, thanks. :)

BigNate likes this.
  13. PaleoMatt

PaleoMatt Well-Known Member

I love this idea!

14. ZooBinh

ZooBinh Well-Known Member

Everyone, change your avatars to an animal rarity! ;)

savetherhino likes this.
  15. Great Argus

Great Argus Well-Known Member

I like this idea! Guessing I'll turn up in Asian Jungle! ;)

16. CGSwans

CGSwans Well-Known Member

Mine’s in there, it’s just really hard to spot. Stare at my avatar for an hour or so and see if something moves. Good luck!

ThylacineAlive and TinoPup like this.
  17. BigNate

BigNate Well-Known Member

There's going to be sooo many tigers

Scottish Wildcat likes this.
  18. ZooBinh

ZooBinh Well-Known Member

Could we eventually have all 6 subspecies?:eek:

19. FunkyGibbon

FunkyGibbon Moderator Staff Member

This is really awesome. I guess the Aquarium will be a bit sparse though!

20. TinoPup

TinoPup Well-Known Member

I can at least contribute to that!