Join our zoo community

Adelaide Zoo Adelaide Zoo

Discussion in 'Australia' started by SilverbackApes, 21 Nov 2009.

1. SilverbackApes

SilverbackApes Well-Known Member

I went to Adelaide Zoo today, which was nice because not too many people were there as it was raining mostly.
    The boardwalk in the South East Asian area has been closed off for construction I believe.
    The black-and-white colobus monkeys are not in their exhibit, does anyone know if they're still at Adelaide Zoo or if they're moving elsewhere?
    In the colobus monkey enclosure are two red pandas, Shahin and Himal who will be moving to the panda precinct. There are two still in the old enclosure. Am I to assume that they'll just be staying there? I've never liked the old enclosure at all, its very small in my opinion

2. MARK

MARK Well-Known Member

Did you see the Dusky Langers?

3. SilverbackApes

Only from a distance, the youngest, Nanti was performing spectacular leaps near the top of the tree. It was a shame the boardwalk was closed off, as its probably my favourite part of the zoo.

4. Electus Parrot

Electus Parrot Well-Known Member

I hope all the red pandas are moving into the precinct, I think it would be big enough. If that does happen they could extend one of the enclosures in that area. I am unsure abou the colobus, I'll ask next time I am there.

5. SilverbackApes

I think it would be great if they were able to extend both the fennec and serval enclosures, but I suppose that could only happen if all the enclosures currently holding red pandas were vacated. Or somehow extending the leopard enclosure so it uses the space where the red pandas were, but that looks like it could be difficult.I'd love to see that whole area done up a bit, its not one of the 'prettier' parts of the zoo in my opinion.