Join our zoo community

Advice - Asian Trip

Discussion in 'Asia - General' started by eduardo_Brazil, 12 Sep 2013.

1. eduardo_Brazil

eduardo_Brazil Well-Known Member

Hi all!

Im travelling to ?sia for a business trip in two weeks and have 5 days free between my schedule in Korea and China- Shanghai ( 8 to 12 October) and would like to have your opinion, if you have already visited both palce, im really in doubt! Is it worth to stay in Seoul to visit Grand Park, Coex Aquarium? Or is it more interesting to travel to Shanghai earlier and visit the Zoo, Aquarium and even the Wild Animal Park?

I was thinking about Singapore too, but I think this would be a litle bit more tiring.

Any suggestion is welcome.

Last edited: 12 Sep 2013
  2. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

October should be good weather-wise in South Korea (not too hot and humid), it is very easy to get around on the Seoul subway system, and the Seoul Zoo is well worth visiting. The COEX Aquarium maybe can be missed - it's good but weird.

In zoo terms, Shanghai would have more to offer, because you've also got Suzhou Zoo about an hour from Shanghai (which has the last Yangtze softshell turtles in the world). Weather should be good, and you'll luckily just miss Golden Week (the first week of October is a China-wide holiday for National Day and it is apparently completely mental).

I haven't been to China but I would choose the Shanghai area over Seoul.

However, if you haven't been to Singapore before then I would take that option. Multiple zoos and aquariums, really pleasant country (but too hot for me, probably not for you!), safe, clean, quite a lot of wildlife as well if you look for it.

3. eduardo_Brazil

eduardo_Brazil Well-Known Member

Chlidonias!

Thank you for the infos!

Singapore is my first option, but not sure if im able to work it out!

Good luck with your Asian Trip!

4. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

I'll be in Shanghai and Suzhou over the next couple of weeks, so I may be in a better position to give advice on those as well perhaps, but that's just right before you'll have your free days anyway so probably not much use.