Join our zoo community

Webcams AFRICAM!!!

Discussion in 'Websites about Zoos & Animal Conservation' started by patrick, 16 Jan 2007.

1. patrick

patrick Well-Known Member

unfortunately, for us mac users i don't think this one works - but my workmate showed me this on his PC and i think you guys are gonna love it!

www.africam.com

live streaming video from the wilds of africa. at night it switches to night vision so you can still see the animals...

so far i've only seen the "Nkorho Stream" that one has a motion sensor on the camera that moves if it senses an animal at the waterhole. theres sound too!

could this be the "new zoo"? (i doubt it!)

2. ZooPro

ZooPro Well-Known Member

Thanks Pat, what a busy site!!

Watching webcams refresh every two minutes - it's like watching the cricket really, isn't it? :eek: lol

3. patrick

patrick Well-Known Member

ha! i hate the cricket!!

unfortunately i cant throw the site up on my computer right now, but when i saw it on my friends it was a live stream, so it was in realtime. you could see small birds flying past the waterhole, even insects were showing up...

4. ZYBen

ZYBen Well-Known Member

I remeber when this sirte was all over the ZooTycoon world its quite a good watch especially if you get to see some elephant come down

5. thegoldendragon

thegoldendragon Member

Hi everyone I am a member of africam. I love the site. The forum has been redesigned and the glitches are being worked out (I hope) My friend has a Mac and she is an avid watcher. Anyway give it a shot. Early morning here in California and after 9:00 pm are the best viewing times for me. My name is the same the goldendragon look at member list I will probably be there lol

6. assa75

assa75 Member

I don't know if any of you have been on this site or if its been posted here befor, but I love this place...

Africam | Always Live Always Wild

if you don't know what this is, its a camera that films 24 hours a day the whole year at a waterhole...you can see alot of animals...