Join our zoo community

Alicante to England, via Germany

Discussion in 'Europe - General' started by littleRedPanda, 15 Jul 2017.

1. littleRedPanda

littleRedPanda Well-Known Member

I'll leave Tuesday open for now and see how the weather pans out. When I did Pessac and Valle des Singes in one day, it was partly due to the downpours and the late closing of the latter park. I'm already cursing the parking fees under my breathe, without paying for half a day's visit ;) Anyway, the weather forecasts are still looking pretty good up until Wednesday :)

2. littleRedPanda

littleRedPanda Well-Known Member

Talking to a couple at Beekse Bergen (to think, I was going to avoid this thinking it was a drive around park!) I am in a quandary. They nearly sold me on the idea of Overloons, because of the Lion feeding sprint.
    I prefer the likes of CERZA and Beekse Bergen with so many 'natural' outdoor enclosures, I almost approach city zoos with a negative attitude. Antwerp, lovely as it is, is not somewhere I'd return, yet Artis kind of grew on me (I need to wipe the tiny Lion rockface from my memory) as I found the house containing the Mouse Deer a much more generous place for photographers.
    So, do I go to Ouwehands hoping to see the Tarsiers in a secret and very dark location, or go to Wuppertal? Part of me wants to stay in Amsterdam another night, lol! Thankfully, the weather forecast for Thursday is a bit brighter! :)