Join our zoo community

Amazon.co.uk charitable donations to zoos?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by cliffxdavis, 5 May 2018.

1. cliffxdavis

cliffxdavis Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I went onto Amazon this morning and it seems they have started a new thing called AmazonSmile.

Charitalble giving on the price of purchase at no cost to the buyer or the charity.

Seems like a good idea and I chose Crocodiles of the World as my charity but the system only lets you pick from the list registered with Amazon and the COTW Foundation is not yet registered.

So come on zoos of Britain get registered so I can get Amazon to send you a bit of what I spend with them.

Here is some more info on the scheme. Amazon Sign In

Last edited by a moderator: 5 May 2018
  2. Crowthorne

Crowthorne Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

I'm signed up with a similar scheme - Give as you Live - which works across a whole load of online stores including Amazon, Tesco, eBay, John Lewis etc. There are a few zoos on the charity list (Aspinall Foundation, The Big Cat Sanctuary, RZSS, Bristol Zoological Society, Shaldon Wildlife Trust, Wingham, ZSL...that's just from the first few pages). You have to register to support a specific charity, but once you're set up you're good to go.

I've been using Give as you Live for about 5 years now, and just online shopping like usual the donations really do add up.

Raise free funds for charity | Give as you Live

Dormitator likes this.
  3. cliffxdavis

cliffxdavis Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Zoos need to make more of this

4. Dormitator

Dormitator Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Crowthorne likes this.