Join our zoo community

America's Top 100 Zoos & Aquariums

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Books about Zoos & Wildlife' started by snowleopard, 6 Nov 2019.

1. Okapi Lover

Okapi Lover Well-Known Member 5+ year member

When the book makes it onto Amazon.co.uk, do you know if it will be fulfilled by Amazon (and therefore eligible for their international shipping rates)?

2. Tim Brown

Tim Brown Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Sorry for the very late reply on this,partly caused by the struggle to get the book on Amazon.. There isnt any Amazon fulfillment unfortunately,but if there was we would not be able to compete as direct sellers and given the large cut that Amazon expect, the future overall income (which will be going to the Saola Working Group and the Amphibian Ark) would be greatly diminished. A U.S. publisher was very interested at one time, but they have just evaporated and dont even reply to emails. As it is the book continues to sell from the IZES website and we are subsidising US postage . Please be aware that the special website price will only remain for 2020 and will increase to £29.99(which is the r.r.p.) next year...by then it could well be that only a few copies will remain anyway.
    Thanks to everyone who purchased the book for your support. Appreciated.

3. Tim Brown

Tim Brown Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Just had notification of yet ANOTHER UK postal increase...combine this with the price increase of the book in January(to recommended retail price) and if you would still like to own the book(less than a hundred copies remain) then i would recommend getting it before the 23rd December.@ www.izes.co.uk. The website will also change to a more user-friendly format in the New Year...but will have the new prices plus a couple of zoo history books that are new to the internet. Thanks.

4. PlaZooFan14

PlaZooFan14 Well-Known Member

@snowleopard, @Tim Brown, I feel like there should be a thread with little tidbits of information from the book for people who don’t have the book/didn’t get it. So would it be okay if i have permission to make little snips of info?

5. MRJ

MRJ Well-Known Member 15+ year member Premium Member

The book is still for sale, so that would not only be a breach of copyright but also morally wrong. Honestly it is a bit like saying can I and my friends all have a bite of your dinner. Difficult to say no but why should the authors be put into the position of having to say yes or no?

Arek, TinoPup, Shorts and 10 others like this.
  6. Emanuel Theodorus

Emanuel Theodorus Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Man, I wanna read this book quite badly, but with the current conditions, it's probably impossible to ship this book to Indonesia. Let alone the price though.