Join our zoo community

Animal abuse

Discussion in 'Australia' started by vogelcommando, 23 Apr 2015.

1. vogelcommando

vogelcommando Well-Known Member

2. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member

if this last paragraph is true, this is appalling! They should have locked them in jail until their fine was paid, and then sent them back home with no possibility of returning ever to Australia!!

3. CGSwans

CGSwans Well-Known Member

It was a week, not a day. Deportation seems a safe bet.

4. Pertinax

Pertinax Well-Known Member

Strange behaviour indeed:confused: but people sometimes do odd/cruel things spur of the moment. There was a woman in the UK caught on CCTV passing a pet cat in the street. Then she stopped, picked it up and placed it in a wheeliebin. I doubt she could explain why she did that either.

5. LaughingDove

LaughingDove Well-Known Member

It doesn't make it any less sick and awful though! :mad:

6. Hix

Hix Wildlife Enthusiast and Lover of Islands Premium Member

When I was at Jersey Zoo many years ago I learnt from the staff there that the French tourists were well-known by the keepers to be deliberately poking animals with sticks to make them move, and for their disgusting habit of spitting on all the animals, particularly the primates.

Hix

7. Elephas Maximus

Elephas Maximus Well-Known Member

If same thing happened in Australia with a feral cat, nobody would be bothered ;) Ferals are trash.

8. FBBird

FBBird Well-Known Member

I did wonder if Elephas maximus was going to offer to stuff the offenders....

9. Pertinax

Pertinax Well-Known Member

I don't think a feral would allow itself to be picked up and handled like that.;) This was someone's pet cat. I know they hate ferals in Oz because of the destruction they have wrought on native wildlife. Britain has plenty of feral cats too but mostly in more rural areas, but despite having negative effects on wildlife,they don't attract the same hatred here somehow, possibly because their impact has not been as extreme as in OZ. Also maybe because UK is a nation of over-sentimental 'pet-lovers' too. The 'cat in the bin' lady received lots of hate male and probably worse threats too.