Join our zoo community

Animal Tracks Inc -- anyone been?

Discussion in 'United States' started by Great Argus, 19 Mar 2019.

1. Great Argus

Great Argus Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I've seen some ads recently for a place called Animal Tracks Inc, in Agua Dulce, California. I looked into them, and it appears they are a rescue facility of sorts that is open by private tour. The thing that caught my attention was that they let you have direct contact and handle the animals, even some that I personally wouldn't be keen to have contact with, like a baboon. Granted, guests are under direct supervision, but direct contact with species like baboon (Olive it looks like), Virginia Opossum, Red Kangaroo, Kinkajou, capuchins, raccoons, and wolf hybrids seems sketchy. (Yes, I know some places let you have contact with more dangerous animals.) From what photos I can see, the place isn't much in terms of housing either.

I'm curious, has anyone been here or know the background of the sanctuary? I can't seem to find anything about it here on Zoochat. They seem to be based towards education from what I can gather off their website, which seems unusual for the kind of tours they offer.

Animal Tracks Inc

2. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Wolf hybrids are common pets, I wouldn't imagine they are too dangerous.

DeYoung had a Kinkajou as an animal ambassador for a very long time, and did allow the public to handle it. There were never any problems.

Great Argus likes this.
  3. Great Argus

Great Argus Well-Known Member 5+ year member

My understanding with both of those is some individuals are better with handling than others. Which may well be the case here, with calmer animals.