Join our zoo community

Anole Facts & Care: an Overview of the Family

Discussion in 'Wildlife & Nature Conservation' started by findi, 26 Mar 2014.

Tags:
  1. findi

findi Well-Known Member

Hi, Frank Indiviglio here. I’m a herpetologist, zoologist, and book author, recently retired from a career spent at several zoos, aquariums, and museums, including over 20 years with the Bronx Zoo.
    In terms of the sheer number of species and of individual animals, Anoles may be the most successful of all lizard groups. Each year, herpetologists add several new discoveries to the total species count – which now stands at 388! In Anole-rich regions, several seemingly-similar species manage to co-exist in the same habitat…and many thrive in and around towns, farms and even cities. Their adaptability sometimes leads to staggering population densities, with up to 10,000 Anoles per acre being present on some Caribbean islands! Intelligence may also play a role in their success, as is shown by this fascinating study . Many herpers of my generation were introduced to reptile-keeping by the Green Anole, Anolis carolinensis…today we’ll take a look at the fascinating, diverse family to which it belongs. Read the rest of this article here Anole Lizard Care, Facts & Behavior | That Reptile Blog
    Please also check out my posts on Twitter http://bitly.com/JP27Nj and Facebook http://on.fb.me/KckP1m

My Bio, with photos of animals I’ve been lucky enough to work with: That Pet Place welcomes Zoologist/Herpetologist Frank Indiviglio to That Reptile Blog | That Reptile Blog

Best Regards, Frank

2. vogelcommando

vogelcommando Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Thanks for this intresting article !

3. findi

findi Well-Known Member

I appreciate the kind words, thank you! best, Frank