Join our zoo community

Any good zoo game except zoo tycoon?

Discussion in 'Zoo Games & Simulators' started by aardvark250, 11 Aug 2016.

1. aardvark250

aardvark250 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I love to play some zoo games,but I don't want to buy zoo tycoon.Are there any good,free zoo games outside?I really don't want to waste money buying games.

2. squirrelmonkey

squirrelmonkey Well-Known Member

The best zoo game i have ever played is definitely Zoo Tycoon 2 ultimate collection. As Zoo Tycoon 2 is over ten years old you can get it pretty cheap.

Last edited: 15 Aug 2016
  3. TheMightyOrca

TheMightyOrca Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Yeah, I don't know if there are other zoo games comparable to the ZT series. You can get the ZT2 Ultimate Collection brand new for less than twenty bucks. Or, shoot, you can get the original Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection for five.

Free games, eh, I know there are a number of "freemium" zoo games. Whether or not you enjoy them depends on the type of game experience you're looking for. Freemium zoo games don't really have much in the way of exhibit and map customization. They're more like Farmville with a zoo theme. I've tried a few different freemium zoo games in the past, but got bored of them pretty quickly. (mostly due to the usual freemium game problems, you either have to pay real money or spam your friends for stuff to progress)

4. JVM

JVM Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I've played
    Zoo Tycoon: Complete Collection
    Zoo Tycoon 2 (with all expansions)
    Zoo Tycoon - Xbox edition
    Wildlife Park
    Wildlife Park 2
    Zoo Empire
    Marine Park Empire
    Dino Island
    Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis

Microsoft's original Zoo Tycoon games are the clear winner of the bunch. (JPOG is a good game if you want the JP vibe, obviously, but if you just want a zoo sim, it's not the best bet.)

5. OG87

OG87 Member

Hear me out first because it will sound totally bizzare and bonkers but Viva Pinita TIP is probably my favourite zoo game. Fake animals yes however it was based on real animals and is stupidly addictive fun. I tried zoo tycoon and enjoyed it but never got into it and enjoyed it as much as V.P. It also had a great puzzle / challenge element too with trying to work out how each species would come to the garden then how you would breed them. Yes breed pinatas.

TheMightyOrca and PossumRoach like this.
  6. Just an ordinary guy

Just an ordinary guy Well-Known Member

IMO Minecraft is the best non-zoo tycoon building game, with mods you can build a big zoo

7. felis silvestris

felis silvestris Well-Known Member

Well this aged well…

8. Dodo2

Dodo2 Active Member

I know this isn’t like Zoo Tycoon but if you enjoy animals, nature, and conservation, check out Gibbon: Beyond The Trees on Apple Arcade. It’s about a family of White Cheeked Gibbons who have to cope with man. This game’s powerful message almost made me cry while playing, you should really just check it out.