Join our zoo community

Aparecida Aquarium

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by CinnAqua, 24 Apr 2022.

1. CinnAqua

CinnAqua New Member

Hello, first time posting here. I recently went to Aquário de Aparecida, in the city of Aparecida, SP. Sadly i only remembered about this site way after i exited so i didn't take a ton of pics and didn't write down what was in each exhibit, but i'll try my best to remember as much as possible.

The first two tanks you see are a saltwater, with a pair of Tomato Clownfish, and a freshwater, with a bunch of Angelfish.

After that are a few fw tanks with small Tetras, Catfish(including Cories), Cichlids and Gouramis, then a big tank with just one Nurse Shark.

A huge amazonian tank, with Tambaqui/Black Pacu, a large Catfish and Astyanax Tetras. Close to it is a small tank with Cardinal Tetras, Black Neon Tetras, and a third fish.

An empty touch pool tank that used to house the Nurse Shark before it got moved, no idea what they'll do with it now.

A couple of tanks scattered around, mostly housing various Cichlids(including Blood Parrots and Orange Chromides), Catfish(including Upside Down) and Kissing Gourami, also a Spotted Moray Eel. Also something that looked like a Longnose Gar but not sure.

A long river looking tank, don't remember any of the fish in it tho.

A wall full of small tanks housing fw fish, mostly common pet species, including but not limited to:
    Platy
    Swordtail
    Betta splendens
    Dwarf gourami
    Paradise fish
    Silver dollar
    Red-bellied piranha
    Head and tail light tetra
    Skirt tetra
    Rummynose tetra
    Pink zebra danio(hybrid between common zebra danios and glofish)
    Telescope goldfish
    Pleco
    Flying Fox

A large sw tank with Percula Clownfish, Saddleback Clownfish, Blue Tang, Yellow Tang, Foxface Rabbitfish and French Angelfish.

Equally large fw tank with plenty of species, including Paroon Shark, Clown Knifefish and two Rays.

Nearing the end, a tank with Koi, and one with Oscars and another fish, posibly Convict Cichlids.

A paludarium with D'orbigny's Sliders, and lastly, a tank housing Arapaimas and Redtail Catfish.

I've seen some older videos and some species that it used to house include Red Lionfish, Green Moray Eel and, strangely, a Boa in a terrestrial exhibit, didn't see any in my visit.[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Couldn't figure out how to post videos here so imgur links instead:
    imgur.com
    imgur.com

Last edited: 24 Apr 2022